Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, serves as the supreme and final authority and source of what we believe concerning truth, morality and proper conduct. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
Statement of Faith
- The entire Bible is the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God
- There is one God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ’s deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His personal return in power and glory
- Salvation is by grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ alone- not works, goodness, or religious ceremony
- The one true church, Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers
- The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers Christians to live a godly life and seals them until the day of redemption.
- Resurrection of the body: eternal glory and fellowship with the Lord for believers, an eternal damnation and separation from the Lord for unbelievers.
- Spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
- God created man and woman, and marriage is a holy union only between a man and a woman, and marriage is the only context for sexual intimacy
- Obedience to the commandment and fulfillment of the Great Commission
- Jesus Christ will personally return to establish His Kingdom on earth